Formation and expansion - 1948-1965
Dipl.-Ing. Alois Lödige founded the mechanical engineering company in 1948 with its headquarters in Paderborn, Germany. The first product was the "Hubfix", which facilitate the lifting of goods up to 600 kg. It quickly became popular with customers, especially brickyards. Just a year later, this product was presented at the first industrial trade fair of the post-war period in Frankfurt. The lifter and other initial products of the company contributed to the facilitation of the reconstruction after the war. As a result, the company experienced an upswing and its first successes. In 1965, a larger production site was needed and found in Warburg/Scherfede. The site previously served a wool mill and came with its own hydro power plant.